Hanging to dry in my studio
Monday, May 5, 2008
Bright Bottom Girl
Been thinking for some time to try my hand at dyeing yarn, so when I found someone's poor half-completed wool afghan project at the thrift store for $1.50, I snapped it up, figuring I could afford to ruin an experiment for $1.50! Between the abandoned unused skeins and the ones I unraveled (poor little afghan...), I netted 8 or 9 skeins of nice wool to play with, so I dyed some the cheater's way: with kool-aid and a microwave oven. I was so pleased it didn't turn out a mess of mud-brown, I knitted it into a soaker (a.k.a. diaper cover) with which to decorate the Girl's behind.
Hanging to dry in my studio
Wound up and ready to go
All dressed up
Showing off to Nemo
Hanging to dry in my studio
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is so cool, I'm going to show it to Liya!
Man, are you talented!!! Doe sthe koolaid bleed a tall when washed?
It seems to be pretty colorfast. You can find out more at http://www.knitty.com/issuefall02/FEATdyedwool.html
Post a Comment