Monday, February 18, 2008

Nappy Happy

I've been cloth-diapering Supergirl part of the time for a while now, mostly using diapers loaned to me by a kind friend. But recently the girl's poor little behind has begun reacting badly to disposables in so many different ways, I figure no time like the present to really take the plunge.

Cloth diapers today are nothing like I remember--no pins, no nasty rubber pants, no diaper pails reeking of ammonia. If you want to spend $20 a pop, you can get some truly luxurious "All In One" diapers that don't even need waterproof covers. And then there are the "pocket diapers" you can stuff with just the amount of absorbency you need. Got a heavy wetter? No problem! Just stuff two diaper liners in there, and you're all set. Red diapers, blue diapers, pink diapers, flowered diapers, organic diapers, fuzzy diapers, cotton diapers, wool diapers, bamboo diapers, hemp diapers--it's truly amazing what kinds of options are out there--for a price.

I'm not exactly rolling in dough, so, I thought, in all my spare time (that's a joke), I'll make my own. Yep, that's it, I'll make my own! I'm probably just inviting disaster, but here are the pieces for my very own handsewn fitted pocket diaper, all laid out and ready to go. I'll let you know how it turns out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm impressed!

Jen said...

If it hasnt been adopted already, your new name is Superwoman!!!

 

View My Stats