Thursday, February 28, 2008
The Written Word
The Boy is really taking off with the alphabet these days. He's learned all the letters and their sounds and can write most of them without help. He really likes to write things out if I spell them for him, and I get a kick out of the liberties he sometimes takes with the letters. Sometimes they are REALLY tall and skinny; sometimes they run around the perimeter of the paper instead of in lines. He recognizes some simple words on sight (like "yes" and "no"), so we've started sounding out longer words just for fun. Grandpa S. gave him a great set of books on rhyming and word families a while back, and thanks to these, he has become a Master Rhymer. I used to enjoy playing the rhyming game with him. I'd give him words to rhyme like "cat" and "bear". Then he started giving me words like "cigarette" and "armadillo", thus proving to himself I am the lamest rhymer ever. Here he is with his stylin' self at the library.

The Girl also enjoys reading material, despite her tender age. Magazine pages are a particular favorite, as you can see!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love these pics!!! You have inspired me to update our blog. It is wonderful to see the two of them grow and hear what they are up to since we are so far away. Give them lots of kisses and hugs from us! Miss you guys!
Wow, Sam is stylin'! And I love the look on Sofia's face - like she's a bit bothered that you've interrupted her business of shredding the paper. So cute!
Post a Comment